Incoming Master of Information students: 2012/2013 course enrolment information
Course enrollment starts at 6 am (Eastern time as per ROSI/SWS time) on Tuesday, July 31.
Students will enroll, via ROSI/SWS, in Fall courses only. Winter courses will open in October/November.
2012-2013 timetables have been posted on our website. Please check them a few days before enrollment takes place in case there have been any updates.
Important! As it was explained during our Meet & Greet session, held on Monday, July 9, 2012, there is a series of very significant changes being proposed for the MI, that will likely be approved by November, 2012.
These changes include the removal of 3 of the 4 core courses (INF1001H, INF1002H, and INF1003H) currently required for the completion of the MI degree, when students choose to follow one of the five (5) pre-approved paths.
As an incoming 2012/13 student you have an option:
- If you choose to follow a concentration (currently referred to as a pre-approved path), the program requirements will be completion of 1005/6 and five (5) required courses as specified under each concentration requirement. This will be very similar to completing the pre-approved paths, only for this, you would not need to complete INF 1001H, INF1002H, and INF1003H.
- You are entitled to complete the program as specified in the 2012/13 SGS Calendar. We will continue to offer the core courses if you wish to pursue them. Students wishing to pursue this option will complete all four (4) core courses as stated above (link to core courses).
Note: Students wishing to follow the Individual Path, Thesis Option, Collaborative Program or IPS specialization will still need to complete all four (4) core courses as outlined in the SGS Calendar.
Full time students, whose normal course load is 4 half courses per term, see suggested schedules (revised for CIS and ARM!) for:
Archives and Records Management Path
- Please note that this path is recommending students still take INF1003H in their first term, unless students have a strong IT background.
- Critical Information Studies Path
- Information Systems and Design Path
- Knowledge Management and Information Management Path
- Library and Information Science Path
- Thesis option - Students planning on doing a thesis are advised to sign up for INF1240H in their first year.
Part time students:
- Are limited to taking a maximum of two (2) half courses per term
- Fall term: 2 required courses for your path/concentration (recommended) or 1 required and 1 eletive course
- This will depend on your particular situation (ie. your chosen path, please see recommended schedules for full time students above).
- It is strongly recommended that you take at least one required course per term.
If the course you wish to enroll is full, you are able to waitlist yourself for that course. Waitlists will only be done via ROSI/SWS, Waitlisted courses count towards your maximum course load. You may also find our tips for course enrolment helpful.