Registration day for incoming students: Thursday, September 6, 2012
Registration Day -Your day will consist of 3 components:
Registration: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (Room 205, Bissell Building - 140 St. George Street)
9-11 a.m. A-K surnames; 11 am-1 pm L-Z surnames
- iSchool Assembly: 1:30-3 p.m. Adel Sedra Auditorium (Room 1160), Bahen Centre for Information Technology - 40 St. George Street.
- Meet Your Faculty Advisor: 3:30-5 p.m. (room locations – Bissell Building – 140 St. George Street)
- Important information about building access.
PLUS: Additional registration period for part-time incoming students: 5-6:30 p.m. (Room 211, Bissell Building - 140 St. George Street)
Please bring the following items to Registration:
- Photograph for your file with your name & student number on the back (passport size or similar preferred)
- Emergency Contact Form - Please fill out, print, and submit the Emergency Contact Form. It is a fillable PDF (you may have to check Highlight fields at the top of the PDFs if you don't see the fields)
- Proof of Fees Payment (e.g., Bank Receipt or Internet Banking print-out) only if you made your payment after August 26th.
Other charges (Cash or cheque. Cheques made payable to University of Toronto.):
i. Registration Fees – $30 This one-time-fee is mandatory and covers photocopied handouts for all your courses.
ii. Lockers (optional) – Cost is $5 per term or $10 for the full academic year (Sept-mid Aug)
iii. Access fob:$20 deposit required to obtain a personally programmed access fob. Deposit returned when you complete your course of study.
Incoming Student Survey - Please fill out the online survey by September 14th. A separate email will be sent to you during the first week of September with a link to the survey.
We have installed new, electronic locks for most doors in the Bissell building. Our new system uses electronic fobs for granting access to offices, classrooms, labs, common rooms, and other assigned areas.
On registration day, you will receive your own, personal fob in exchange for a $20 deposit (cash or cheque). Your fob will be already programmed to grant you access to classrooms and other appropriate areas.
Should you lose your fob, please report the loss immediately to Student Services so we can cancel the lost fob and issue you a replacement. To receive a replacement fob, you must provide another $20 deposit. We will return your deposit when you return your fob at the end of your course of study.
For any questions or problems please contact Glen Menzies (glen [dot] menziesutoronto [dot] ca) and include the following in your email.
- First and last name
- UofT student number
OSAP Changes - Starting in September 2012 and provided you have qualified and promptly submitted your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) to a designated Canada Postal Outlet, the University will now be able to confirm your registration via ROSI and OSAP will deposit your funds directly into your bank account when classes begin.
Inforum - Please register for the following:
- Mandatory Cite it Right workshop for incoming students (2 concurrent sessions on Wednesday, September 5 from 2 -3 pm, and on Friday, September 7th from 9 - 10 am)
- Inforum Tour
- Other workshops
We are all looking forward to seeing you on Thursday, September 6th!
Returning Students - Please see this announcement.