Returning students: Fall 2012 course enrolment information for MI and MMSt students
- MI and MMSt returning students, both full and part-time, will enrol in Fall courses only on Friday, July 20.
- Enrolment starts at 6 am (ROSI/SWS time).
- Winter course enrolment will take place in October/November, date TBA.
- Please make sure you review the timetable a day or two before enrolment takes place to confirm days/times of courses.
Need a refresher on course selection mechanics? Please see the information posted on our website.
Courses full? Waitlist yourself via the waitlist feature in ROSI/SWS. ROSI will notify you through your UTOR email if you are assigned a place in the course.
MI students who wish to take Museum courses (MSL) and MMSt students wishing to take MI courses (INF) will be able to submit their request starting 9 a.m., Friday, July 20. Remember to fill out a Course Add/Drop Form and sign it. You may drop it off in person, email or fax, but only after 9 a.m.
Please take a minute to review your program of study requirements:
Master of Information program of study requirements:
- Archives and Records Management Path
- Critical Information Studies Path
- Information Systems and Design Path
- Knowledge Management and Information Management Path
- Library and Information Science Path
- Thesis option
- Collaborative programs
- Individual path
Course loads - Students in the MI program are limited to enrolling in four (4) half courses if full-time, and two (2) courses if part-time.
Full-time students wishing to enrol in a fifth course must submit an Course Add/Drop Form. We will review all requests beginning Wednesday, August 15th. Submitting a form does not guarantee enrolment. We will approve requests on a case by case basis.
Master of Museum Studies program of study requirements:
Fall term – 3 or 4 electives, as needed
Winter term – 3 or 4 electives, as needed
If you'd like to take more than 3 courses, please consult with your faculty advisor or a Museum faculty member.
External Elective Courses - Interested in taking courses outside your program? Find out how!