2013-2014 Academic year
Course enrollment information:
- Draft timetables for both Fall and Winter sessions will be up by June 24, 2013
- Returning students enroll in Fall courses from 6:00 am on Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- Incoming students enroll in Fall courses from 6:00 am on Thursday, July 18, 2013
- More information will follow in mid-June
- Winter course enrollment takes place in October
2012–2013 Academic year
Summer 2013 timetable (draft as of June 17, 2013)
Summer 2013 course enrollment
Summer session dates are as follows:
First session (F): May 6 to June 17
Second session (S): July 8 to August 19
Full session (Y): May 6 to July 29
Extra days, subject to course offerings, may be added for exams
Course Enrollment Information:
Phase 1 – 6 am on Thursday, April 11, 2013
* Students needing an additional half course, i.e., 2 half courses (1 FCE total) in order to complete their degree requirements by the end of August, 2013:
- Please submit an Add/Drop Course form indicating a minimum of 3 courses, ranked in priority, to request your second half course. Indicating less than 3 courses will not increase the chances of enrolling in your preferred courses. Student Services will need to follow up with these students resulting in other students, who did follow the instructions, moving ahead of these students in terms of their day/time standing.
- Student Services will do its best to accommodate your preferred choice, however, no guarantees can be made.
Add/Drop course forms will be accepted by Student Services between 10 am, Thursday, April 11, and no later than 2 pm, Monday, April 15, 2013. Acceptable forms of delivery:
- Scanned signed forms sent to inquire [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca from your UTmail account (as per UofT regulations, no emails from gmail, hotmail, etc. will be accepted)
- Fax signed forms to 416-978-5762
- In person to Student Services (Reminder: Student Services will be closed on Friday, April 12, please plan accordingly)
- All forms will be day/time stamped according to time received by Student Services.
Phase 2 – 6 am on Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Phase 3 – 6 am on Thursday, April 25, 2013
Full time students only will be allowed to add a third and fourth additional half course - Wait list feature will be active. Part-time students are restricted to 2 half courses (1FCE). Wait listed courses count towards a student's course load quota.
External Courses - outside the Faculty of Information and outside the University of Toronto
Please refer to the Course enrolment & registration section on our website. This information is found under Courses outside the iSchool.
Winter 2013 timetable – with room locations
January 29, 2013
Fall 2012 timetable
October 22, 2012
Winter 2013 course enrollment will take place as follows:
Second year students: 6 a.m., Wednesday, October 24, 2012 – ROSI/SWS time
First year students: 6 a.m., Thursday, October 25, 2012 – ROSI/SWS time
This includes all students who started the program in September 2012
• Maximum course load for Full-time students is 2 FCEs (i.e, 4 half courses) per session.
• Maximum course load for Part-time students is 1 FCEs (i.e. 2 half courses) per session.
• Check the Winter timetable ahead of time.
We will be monitoring enrolment very carefully.
• All students will be able to waitlist for one (1) half course on ROSI. No manual wait lists will be kept.
• Consult our Waitlist FAQ for more information.
Please choose your courses carefully. Take a minute to review our course enrollment tips and previous years' course outlines to help you decide which courses you will want to enroll in.
For a refresher on course selection mechanics, and an interactive video, please refer to the information posted on our website.
2011–2012 Academic year
Summer 2012 timetable
June 18, 2012
Winter 2012 timetable
March 12, 2012
Fall 2011 timetable
September 21, 2011
Room & building locations outside the Bissell Building (BL):
U of T interactive map –just enter the building code!