The Job Shadowing program runs from mid-February to August each year. Hosts may volunteer to participate at any point, but are encouraged to do so before the program officially opens, as most students select their hosts at that time.
Log in to view and sign up for Job Shadow opportunities.
How It Works
Sponsored by the Faculty of Information Alumni Association (FIAA), the Job Shadowing program offers current iSchool students an essential opportunity to:
- Gain valuable insights from current information and museum professionals
- Form, develop, and cultivate their personal networks and connections
- Expand their realm of experience
Students sign up to observe a working full- or half-day with an information professional from one of the following areas:
- Archives/Records Management
- Critical Information Studies
- Information Systems & Design
- Knowledge Management & Information Management
- Library and Information Science
- Museum Studies
A few important notes:
Students may sign up to shadow more than one host, but we ask that if students DO NOT intend on following through with their commitment, they let the Job Shadowing Committee know. All students should remember that they are representing the iSchool community and influencing future programs.
- Once signed up, students are responsible for contacting their hosts to arrange a mutually convenient time for the visit, between February and August, 2013. No classes will be held the week of Feb. 18 (Reading Week), so students may want to visit during that time.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com
In 2011, 72 host institutions offered to host 135 job-shadowing visits. In 2012, over 117 hosts offered to host over 240 visits. Students may job shadow locally or out of town.
To volunteer as a host, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and sign up for available Job Shadow opportunities as a current student, please log in.
- OUR iSCHOOL
- STUDIES & CAREERS