Bibliographic Database Designer #3651
Create detailed specifications for implementing bibliographic databases and associated features for EBSCO’s online bibliographic products.
• Analyze business requirements plus third party and in-house data sources to determine the best method of implementing key features for new and existing products within the EBSCOhost environment.
• Write detailed technical database design specifications that instruct software developers how to map bibliographic data sources to EBSCO’s proprietary format; includes writing instructions for mapping data to XML and to MARC21 formats.
• Generate descriptions of required indexing tables; specify search tags and search limiters; map fields for authority files; and specify the database display on EBSCO interfaces.
• Work closely with software developers and quality analysts on product configurations and complex data transformations to ensure accurate technical implementation of database functionality and appearance according to specifications.
• Provide troubleshooting support from a technical design perspective for existing products.
• Minimum of two years in the field of librarianship or bibliographic database development or design, including demonstrated experience creating or manipulating bibliographic data in a searchable database environment
• Minimum of two years of demonstrated experience with web-based bibliographic database search and retrieval techniques
• Minimum of one year demonstrated experience with indexing methods as applied to bibliographic data
• Minimum of one year demonstrated understanding of MARC21 bibliographic format
• Minimum of one year demonstrated experience reading and understanding documents in XML format
• Minimum of one year demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Master of Library Science degree
• Business analysis experience preferred, including project analysis, requirements production and management, process flow documentation
• Experience reading or writing XSLT preferred
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Excellent technical communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Familiarity with standard bibliographic format standards (e.g. DUBLIN CORE, METS, MARC21) preferred
EBSCO Publishing offers free parking, a subsidized cafeteria, on-site fitness center with classes, free coffee and a dynamic working environment. We are conveniently located minutes from the Ipswich stop on the MBTA Newburyport rail line and offer full commuter rail reimbursement.
EBSCO Publishing is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://careers.ebscohost.com