Coordinator, Education Programs
The Ontario Library Association seeks a Coordinator, Education Programs for a 13-month contract to fulfill a maternity leave vacancy.
The Ontario Library Association is a member of The Partnership, Canada’s network of provincial library associations. The Education Institute is a service of The Partnership, offering audio or web based professional development programs. OLA and its members also develop a series of programs as part of the association education and professional development services. Programs are targeted to those who work in or with the library and information management sector.
The Coordinator, Education Programs is responsible for the development, implementation, and support of professional development and education programs for The Education Institute and the OLA. This position works with a number of volunteer committees to develop and implement programming.
• Investigating, developing and implementing new education programs and delivery techniques.
• Indentify trends and matching to the target market.
• Identifying, building and maintaining partnerships and relationships with affiliated organizations to extend education offerings to a broader audience.
• Researching member requirements to ensure programs are responsive to needs.
• Developing a program evaluation and continual improvement process to further refine educational offerings and approach.
• Assess trends in e-learning and other emerging technologies for application.
• Sourcing experts in designated subject areas and repurposing programming to maximize exposure and revenues.
Program Maintenance and Support:
• Responsible for the effective delivery of the programs, including but not limited to: liaising with presenters, scheduling sessions, and coordinating web and e-delivery platform technical details.
• For on-site events, coordinating event logistics including space rental, catering and budget planning.
Marketing and communications:
• Development and maintenance of a marketing and outreach plan to promote programs and increase enrollment.
• Specifically, responsible for a targeted email and print promotional activities to encourage advanced registration for programs.
• Minimum undergraduate degree and 5 years experience in a related position is required; experience in a library or school setting is preferred.
• Familiar with learning management systems and proficient with standard computer software programs.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks in an energetic workplace
• Fluency in French is an asset.
This is a 13-month contract in an office environment. The position requires flexibility to work some non-traditional hours to accommodate the requirements of the association and the schedules of the volunteers. The candidate must be able to start their contract term on August 7, 2012.
We wish to thank all applicants that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to:
olaedaccessola [dot] com