Information Science Specialist
The University Health Network (UHN) is in the process of developing a semantic web application that supports and facilitates service discovery within and among health and social service organizations. The Health e-Concierge project is seeking an Information Science Specialist to play a vital role in the design and launch of this new system. This position is an exciting opportunity for an information science student or graduate to work on a project using linked data in a collaborative environment employing agile software development practices.
The Information Science Specialist is responsible for initial data design, for mapping metadata to relevant RDF standards and properties, and for identifying and configuring local extensions to the application ontology to deliver new and innovative services. The position works with researchers to gather requirements and document data from existing institutional databases, online databases of publications and other systems and sources as identified by project stakeholders.
• Currently enrolled in or graduated from a Masters Degree program in Information Science
• Experience in metadata management and discovery using current methods and technologies
• Experience working with the RDF data model and semantic web design principles
• Familiarity with prevalent and accepted RDF schemas and vocabulary standards
• Experience in a consumer health-related environment
• Experience with formal ontology languages such as OWL and RDFS
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Pay commensurate with experience.
This is a part-time temporary position. Anticipated start date: July 23rd or earlier. Duration: 4-6 weeks.
Please send your resume to Dr. Jackie Bender at jackie [dot] benderrmp [dot] uhn [dot] on [dot] ca