Effat University is looking for an enthusiastic librarian who feels ready to take on new and rewarding challenges. As Library Director you will be responsible for planning and developing the learning resource collections and services that best serve the academic, professional, and personal needs of our community. In collaboration with academic units, you will lead the campus-wide information literacy efforts and monitor the library's contribution to the university's strategic goals. You will work closely with the campus master plan taskforce, as the library is expected to move into the new Effat Cultural Center in early 2014.
Effat University is the first private, non-profit University for women in Saudi Arabia. It has over one thousand students enrolled in twelve programs within three colleges. Two of the programs offered - Architecture and Electrical and Computer Engineering - have not previously been offered to females in Saudi Arabia, and the Executive Masters in Islamic Financial Management is unique in Saudi Arabia. Effat University is located in Jeddah, the second largest city in Saudi Arabia and the traditional gateway to the cities of Mekkah and Medina. With a population of 3.5 million people, Jeddah is known for its diversity, and Effat University has students from over 21 nations and an international staff and faculty body. The teaching language is English. For further information, see: www.effatuniversity.edu.sa
• Master of Library Science or Information Studies from an ALA-accredited school or equivalent degree
• Five years of experience working in academic libraries, including at least two years of supervisory responsibilities
• Strong commitment to information literacy
• Cultural sensitivity and adaptability. Able to thrive in a fluid, diverse environment
• A life-long learner eager to promote reading
• Second master's degree or PhD
• Familiarity with budget management
• Teaching experience, preferably at the college level
• Extensive work with electronic resources and library technology
• Service in academic accreditation and/or institution-wide committees
• International experience in higher education or library-related work
Salary according to experience and position offered. Benefits include relocation and housing allowance, health insurance, annual airline tickets, and 30 days paid annual leave.
To apply: Send your cover letter and current CV with references (via email only) to: gpascheffatuniversity [dot] edu [dot] sa
Please include your answers to the following questions:
• How is a librarian a change agent in the 21st century?
• Why are you interested in joining the library team at Effat University?
Applications accepted until filled. The position begins no later than October 1st, 2012.