Library Technician - eReserve
Undertakes responsibilities of e-reserves and copyright permission as assigned. Performs technical functions related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma in Library Science with at least one year work experience in a library environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong research skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.) for preparation of reports and statistics.
- Familiarity with the Internet and ability to use initiative in searching for materials in online catalogue systems are required.
- A demonstrated commitment to client service - specifically staff, faculty, students and external contacts. Strong interpersonal skills along with sound judgement, tact and diplomacy are necessary to deal effectively with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required to explain policies and procedures regarding e-reserves and copyright permission.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills, as well as attention to detail, are required.
- Ability to learn and work with multiple computer systems (e.g. VDX, OCLC, ARES, etc.).
- Ability to direct and coordinate work assignments of designated staff is required.
- Good training and presentation skills to assist with orientations, instructional programs and staff training.
Hours of Work: 20 to 36.25 hours per week. 52,615.97 per annum.
Contract start date: August 7, 2012. Contract end date: October 12, 2012.
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please submit resume and references via email to Kelly Kimberley, Coordinator of Borrowing and Lending Services Staffing.