Assistant University Librarian or Associate University Librarian
The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries seeks a creative and service-oriented Music Librarian. The Music Librarian is a tenure track library faculty position which will provide reference assistance, instruction, outreach and collection management to support the faculty and student populations and the academic programs associated with the UF School of Music. The Music Librarian will work collaboratively with other members of the Architecture & Fine Arts Library faculty and staff to plan and deliver services to the wider audience served by that library, and to the University community.
The library encourages staff participation in reaching management decisions and consequently the Music Librarian will serve on various committees and teams. To support all students and faculty and foster excellence in a diverse and global society, the Music Librarian will be expected to include individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, genders, and perspectives in work activities. The Music Librarian will pursue professional development opportunities, including research, publication, and professional service activities in order to meet library-wide criteria for tenure and promotion.
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent library degree
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in music, or substantial coursework in music; or 5 years of directly relevant professional experience
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience for appointment as Assistant University Librarian
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience required for appointment as Associate University Librarian
• Broad knowledge of music literature and research sources
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with faculty, students, administrators and the general public
• Initiative, flexibility, and the ability to adapt and work creatively in a complex, rapidly changing academic environment
• Strong potential for meeting the requirements of tenure and promotion (outlined at http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/pers/cdh)
* Graduate degree in music or related discipline
* Experience working in a branch or departmental library
* Academic library experience with collection development, public services and/or technical services
* Experience or expertise in the development and delivery of research instruction
* Supervisory experience
* Record of including individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, genders, and perspectives in research, teaching, service and other work
Interested candidates should follow the application procedures outline on the Position Vacancy Announcement on the website.
All inquiries and submissions of required application materials should be sent to Tina Litchfield Pruitt, Smathers Libraries Human Resources Office, at: tpruittufl [dot] edu