OMA Conference Assistant
The Conference Assistant will be involved with the planning of the OMA's 2012 OMA Annual Conference and other events. This 7 week position will take place at the OMA Office in Toronto.
- Source and secure items for the Conference Silent Auction
- Source entertainment for the opening reception and awards banquet
- Assist various Conference committees
- Communicate with OMA staff, volunteers and members
- Assist with the promotion of the Conference and all related events via print and electronic communication methods, including social media
- Assist with the planning and delivery of Ontario Museums at Queen's Park
The employee will work closely with the OMA's Executive Director, Membership and Administration Coordinator, and Special Projects Manager, and will learn how to work with a membership database and content management system-driven Website.
The OMA is willing to accommodate a student schedule, part-time hours 2 to 4 days a week, with at least one full day per week for the duration of the placement.
Please note this is a Summer Experience Program funded position. To be eligible, applicants must be between 15 to 24 years old (up to 29 for a person with a disability as defined under the Ontario Human Rights Code) on the first day of employment. Please visit http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEOFAQ.asp#secB
for complete information on candidate eligibility (Age, Student Status, Residency, Ability to work in Canada)
$10.25 - $11.10
Please forward a resume and cover letter to conferencemuseumsontario [dot] com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.