Public Library Intern
The Public Library Intern will learn and perform the essential daily public service tasks required to operate a small urban public library. In addition, the intern may: conduct technology training sessions; participate in selecting, cataloguing, processing and withdrawing library materials; create library displays; respond to information requests from the public; organize library programmes; visit schools and other community organizations; help with book clubs; produce reading lists and bibliographies; update the library’s website; develop information sheets and posters; and/or other special projects as assigned by the Library CEO.
• Prefer graduate of Library & Information Technician program or Masters of Library and Information Studies program; may consider candidates from other fields of study such as education, business, humanities, or social sciences
• Demonstrate an ability to work well with people of all ages
• Communicate clearly and effectively
• Perform duties using office equipment and computer software
• Able to follow verbal and written instructions
• Complete tasks quickly and accurately
• For Internships: Northern Ontario secondary school graduates 29 years of age or under who recently graduated from an accredited college or university. Graduates from a high school outside of Northern Ontario who have resided in the North for at least one year are also eligible. Mature graduates may be considered.
$16.50 per hour plus statutory benefits
Complete job description available by emailing administrationvianet [dot] ca
or download a copy from our website: www.parrysoundlibrary.ca
Send a cover letter and results-oriented resume along with 3 references by email administrationvianet [dot] ca or by mail: Parry Sound Public Library, 29 Mary Street, Parry Sound, ON P2A 1E3