Records Summer Student, Corporate Services
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ontario's capital markets in accordance with the mandate established in the provincial Securities Act and the Commodity Futures Act. The Commission's mandate is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in capital markets.
As an employer, we enjoy a diverse, fair and flexible work environment, and take pride in our work that is both challenging and rewarding.
The Corporate Services Branch is responsible for developing and maintaining the core internal systems and infrastructure of the OSC. Specifically, responsibilities of the Branch include finance and accounting systems, administrative and procurement services, budgeting and business reporting, business continuity, knowledge management, information technology, security, office services, and management of OSC records.
The Records Unit is responsible for advising business units about best practices for the management of information and records. The Records Unit also manages certain operational records of the Commission and provides service to external clients who require access to the public records of the Ontario Securities Commission.
* Work on various projects including the implementation of record schedules for historic records and digitizing reference copies of filings
*Assist with daily activities as required
* Currently enrolled in a University Degree preferably in records or information management
* Experience using standard office environment computer hardware and software applications for word processing, management reports and spreadsheets
* Understanding of records management principles and best practices
* Ability to manage large volumes of work
* Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
* Strong attention to detail
* The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
* Reliable and professional
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC.
This is a summer student opportunity from May to August 2012.
Apply online at www.osc.gov.on.ca by April 30, 2012 (File 12-10).