Information on this page
The iSchool Office of Student Services has overall responsibility for the administration of all students' programs. Student Services personnel advise students on non-academic program matters; iSchool and School of Graduate Studies (SGS) regulations and procedures; and, verify that degree requirements are met.
We offer a full range of services for students who wish to enrich their UofT experience, or who require assistance in their educational, career, and personal pursuits.
Prospective and current iSchool students are encouraged to consult with Student Services' staff for any questions they may have about study at the iSchool, and progress in their degree programs.
- General questions: inquire [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca
- OSAP and other loan questions: inquire [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca (Student Services reception)
- Adding/dropping/waitlisting courses: carol [dot] ngutoronto [dot] ca (Carol Ng)
- Course selection & path: Your faculty advisor
- Financial & budgeting issues: adriana [dot] rossiniutoronto [dot] ca (Adriana Rossini )
- Awards & scholarships: adriana [dot] rossiniutoronto [dot] ca (Adriana Rossini)
- Personal/family issues: adriana [dot] rossiniutoronto [dot] ca (Adriana Rossini)
- Full-time/part-time switches: adriana [dot] rossiniutoronto [dot] ca (Adriana Rossini)
- Thesis and defense: Your faculty advisor
- Thesis and defense - paperwork only: carol [dot] ngutoronto [dot] ca (Carol Ng)
- Graduation: convocation [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca (Laura Jantek )
- Careers/job placements: isidora [dot] petrovicutoronto [dot] ca (Isidora Petrovic)
- Registrarial matters: adriana [dot] rossiniutoronto [dot] ca (Adriana Rossini)
- This is our official way of notifying students about important dates, courses, financial information, and other important items you need to know
- Please read and save these notices for future reference
- Current students only: Follow Adriana on Twitter at @Adriana_iSchool
Using your UTmail+
- As per U of T's policy on official correspondence with students, we only reply to valid U of T email accounts
- Valid U of T email accounts are of the format:___mail [dot] utoronto [dot] ca for students, and ____utoronto [dot] ca for staff
- When communicating with iSchool Student Services via a non-U of T email account, include your UTmail+ email address and your student number to ensure a prompt reply
About checking your email & forwarding your U of T email to another email service:
"Students are expected to monitor and retrieve their mail, including electronic messaging account[s] issued to them by the University, on a frequent and consistent basis. Students have the responsibility to recognize that certain communications may be time-critical. Students have the right to forward their University-issued electronic mail account to another electronic mail service provider address but remain responsible for ensuring that all University electronic message communication sent to the official University-issued account is received and read." -- excerpt from the U of T Policy on Official Correspondence with Students
- Problems with your UTmail+? Visit the Information Commons help desk at Robarts Library
Email security tips:
- Be aware of spam, especially phishing emails
- U of T will never request your UTORid, password, or other personal information via email. Messages requesting such information are fraudulent and should be deleted
- Inspect messages containing website links closely. They may send you to false websites.
- Check that the URL in your browser's address bar begins with: https://weblogin.utoronto.ca/ Current browsers may tag valid U of T addresses with a green "University of Toronto" tag
For more on email security at U of T, review this article
140 St. George Street
Email: inquire [dot] ischoolutoronto [dot] ca
Monday, Wednesday-Friday: 8:45 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesdays: 10 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 8:45 am-5 p.m
Monday-Friday: 8:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Student forms: http://www.ischool.utoronto.ca/services/student/forms
- SGS information: http://www.sgs.utoronto.ca/informationfor/students.htm
Fees information: http://www.fees.utoronto.ca/site4.aspx